Friday, December 14, 2007

Huckabee Hides His Full Gospel?

Huckabee Hides His Full Gospel?

Huckabee is slick and as smooth talking as any snake oil salesman. If he were running for my pastor I would not vote for him because I do not share a lot of his tertiary beliefs ... like about conception, evolution, guns, etc. He would be a disaster as president of the United States. He would turn this country into an American Taliban. Just my opinion! Click on his 30 second commercial or his entertaining 42 minute speech. And if you have some time follow some of the other links located at YOU TUBE.

2 comments:

Wes said...

I didn't realize that Baptists got to vote for their pastors! (I thought it was more like Survivor where pastors get voted out and then go start another Church on the other side of town. :D )

Thanks for sharing the article. I'm not convinced that Huckabee would be an American Taliban, but he does seem to be facing difficult conflicts as he tries to reconcile his religious beliefs and political aspirations.

This makes me wonder - is there any Minister out there worth listening to that could get elected President if all of his/her sermons were published and scrutinized? I doubt it.

Bob Ferguson said...

In an ideal world Pastor are "called" to a Baptist Church ... and sadly a lot leave at the insistence of certain members of church.

Why I think that Huckabee would would be like the American T'ban is because of the fundamentalist views now held by most SB pastors that women are to be sumissive to the "servant" leadership of their husbands and keep silent in the church, etc. I have already seen churchs (pastors) who carry this extremes.

No, I do not think a "pastor" should aspire to be president and at the same time remain true to the gospel he is called to preach.

Thanks for commenting.