Friday, December 21, 2007

Hillary's Prayer: Hillary Clinton's Religion and Politics

(I posted this blog before ... but would be interested in any comments that you, the reader, would make after reading the article posted below.)\ :)

It is not secret to those who know me that I lean to the left in both politics and religion. Nor is it a secret that I strongly supported Bill Clinton both times that he was elected president. And I believe that he was a great president. I do not like GWB at all. I have no great admiration for his intelligence and love David Letterman's regular segment on his show that's called: Great moments in presidential speech. I am not sure if I will be supportive of Mrs. Clinton in her presidential run ... but I am leaning strongly in her favor. I also like John Edwards.

I can across this article in Mother Jones magazine about Hillary Clinton and I was very surprised at some of the things it said. Here is a bit from the 4 page article.

'It was an elegant example of the Clinton style, a rhetorical maneuver subtle, bold, and banal all at once. During a Democratic candidate forum in June, hosted by the liberal evangelical group Sojourners, Hillary Clinton fielded a softball query about Bill's infidelity: How had her faith gotten her through the Lewinsky scandal?

After a glancing shot at Republican "pharisees," Clinton explained that, of course, her "very serious" grounding in faith had helped her weather the affair. But she had also relied on the "extended faith family" that came to her aid, "people whom I knew who were literally praying for me in prayer chains, who were prayer warriors for me."

No comments: