Thursday, March 29, 2007

King Maker! God Called ... James Dobson

I must confess that I have a hard time with my "gag" reflex when I see or hear this man speak. He is a big man in Republican politics and has the ear of the President and exercises great influence over people who, apparently, cannot think for themselves.

Focus on the Family founder James Dobson appeared to throw cold water on a possible presidential bid by former Sen. Fred Thompson while praising former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who is also weighing a presidential run, in a phone interview Tuesday.

Everyone knows he's conservative and has come out strongly for the things that the pro-family movement stands for," Dobson said of Thompson. "[But] I don't think he's a Christian; at least that's my impression," Dobson added, saying that such an impression would make it difficult for Thompson to connect with the Republican Party's conservative Christian base and win the GOP nomination.


Now for sure I love "Law and Order" and in his role I like Fred Thompson. But to go for a "scum bucket" like Newt Ginrich is beyond imagination. It is not likely that if Mr. Thompson got the nomination that I would vote for him because he is a Republican! But if he were the only choice over some of the other republican contenders he would have my vote. Then on the other hand Mitt Romney would probably be the best choice for the Repubs.

Dobson has all of the money in the world but I think that he is a seriously flawed man. As I shared with a friend of mine who is also a good friend of Dobson's, I think he is the most dangerous man in America and for that matter in the whole Kingdom of God maybe more so that the devil himself. JUST MY OPINION.

3 comments:

Beansox said...

There is nothing to say about Fred other than for the last six years while the GOP has taken it from everyside..he has been out in Hollywood "play acting" politics and banging some broad thats young enough to be his daughter.



He wont ever get my vote.

Fred Thompson = CHINO (christian in name only)

Anonymous said...

I don't care who one is banging unless it affects her or his ability to do the job. I would not approve of the banging but as we saw with Bill Clinton it doesn't have to effect one's ability to govern.

Angela said...

I don't see how we can really judge what's going in someone's heart, but using terms like "broad" and "banging" don't really make a very strong witness. Why don't we set politics and snooping around in people's private lives aside, and actually look for someone with good ideas for how to help our country? And instead of someone with an entirely impeccable private life (or one that seems so), how about someone who leads this country in a Christian, righteous and ethical way? If we want to be a Christian country, we should live a Christian witness in the world. That doesn't mean SAYING we're Christian and flaunting all of our blessings; claiming divine privilege; and then going out and lying and cheating and generally trying to bully the rest of the world into playing the game by our rules and our rules only. Well, there you go ... and that's just MY opinion. Have a blessed day.