Thursday, September 28, 2006

A Happy Day

Posted by Picasa What a great day! September 27, 2006. John Merritt, former General Secretary for the International Baptist Convention and a veteran IMB missionary called to invite me to have lunch with him and long time friends Ron and Patricia Owens. Click here http://www.owensministries.org/ministries.asp and then click on Music and listen to some of Ron and Pat's music. I don't know if this is proper since I am sure the music is copywrited but anyway ... I have always thought of this song as Ron and Pats signature song . They may not feel that way but I do. The very first 33.3 record was entitled Alive Again (as best I remember) and this song was on that recording.

Sharing memories over the years is wonderful and a reminder of the Lord's work and leadership in all of our lives. John Merritt is the author of a very informative book on the fundamentalist takeover of the SBC. The title is: The Betrayal. Check out this link for great information.

1 comment:

Cally said...

Anytime you can get Glenn Hinson to write a forward you're doing alright. I've seen this book before and may try to pick it up. I've got one written by Grady Cothen and Walter Shurden's treatment of it. I think I've read about all I care to about it, but it's good to have the historical context, especially for the younger guard coming on the scene.