Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sunday Church Victory Fellowship


Guess who I went to church with this past Sunday, August 26, 2006. Well you can see in the picture who they are: Senator Mary Landreiu and the Reverend Doctor R. T. Kendall. We were all present at the Victory Fellowship church in Metairie, Louisiana.

Senator Landreiu was present to extend her appreciation and gratitude to the church for all of the wonderful things they have done toward the Katrina recovery. This church provides thousands of meals for worker and for homeless people in Metairie and in New Orleans.

Pastor Frank Bailey is open to the leadership of the Lord and responds to that leading in meeting needs and in preaching the word. He is truly a godly man and a complete gentleman. In his kindness and openness he invited my friend R. T. Kendall to come and preach and welcomed me to share in that time. I am truly thankful for that time with Pastor Bailey, R. T. and his son T. R. A wonderful week end. Plus it was great to meet the Senator. She is my Senator!

2 comments:

Annette said...

That sounds like a good weekend! I hope you enjoyed it. I heard the senator earlier this week (or maybe last week) in her response to Bush's radio address. I thought she did well.

I have also been seeing lots of New Orleans pictures on the news lately. I had no idea it was still such a mess! There is a lot of work left to do.

:)

Bob Ferguson said...

Word cannot describe the devastation still in New Orleans. We toured the lower Ninth Ward and parts of St. Bernard Parish and it was unbelievable.